Actors portray characters. Whether you’re talking about acting or another art form, the idea is the same: representing a person and bringing to light their most important qualities. To portray a person is to show who that person is, giving a sense of their personality or character. Being an actor requires a range of skills, including:
- Good stage, screen or vocal presence.
- The ability to enter into another character and engage with an audience.
- The ability to memorise lines.
- Good understanding of dramatic techniques.
- Having the confidence, energy and dedication to perform.
- Creative insight.