The Museums Association of Namibia would like to invite applications for two MA Scholarships in History at the University of Namibia. The project has been funded by the Gerda Henkel Foundation. The successful applicants will work with museum artefacts from the late nineteenth century and early twentieth century.
The scholarships will be for two years as part of the Confronting Colonial Pasts, Envisioning Creative Futures project.
1. The MA students will be expected to conduct research in the relevant communities about the oral traditions and histories associated with the objects.
2. Applicants will be expected to have a degree in history, visual arts or fashion design and
3. Be fluent in one of Namibia’s indigenous languages.
1. The scholarship will cover tuition fees and
2. Provide a monthly stipend of N$10,000.00
1. Applicants should submit a copy of their cv (including contact details for two references) and
2. A letter of motivation.
3. Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org For the attention of: The Office Manager. Subject line should read the Application: MA Scholarship
4. The deadline for applications will be Midnight, Friday, 30th August.